Another week, another opportunity for me to compile a list of articles/links that I have found interesting this past week. I do hope you find them as interesting as me and join in the discussion.
- Brian Griffiths at Red Maryland believes that Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh has been derelict in his duties and should be impeached. Frosh’s unwillingness to defend the State of Maryland with specific requests coming from the Governor over the court case about the Peace Cross (World War I Memorial in Bladensburg, MD) is the reason, per Griffiths.
- Rebecca Black became an internet sensation in both a good…and bad way at 13 years old with her song Friday. She talks about it now as an adult, specifically about the bullying and torment she received online from people.
- PokeJungle is reporting on some Pokemon rumors – about a new Pokemon game within the next year…for the Switch. Of course, it’s only a rumor – but still.
- For a great look inside of the mindset of those who were Never Trump in 2016, check out this great piece by Bethany Mandel at Forward. It provides some great insight into the mentality of those of us who were coming from the right and opposing Trump in 2016…and where we all are now.
- Kotaku is talking about a Christmas themed Pepsi coming to Japan. It’s cake flavored. I know I’d try it.
- Meanwhile in the US – Mountain Dew has a Holiday Brew variant which is apparently a mix of regular Dew and Code Red. I’m curious.
- A while back I wrote a piece of micro-fiction entitled, “The Husband.” Check it out and let me know your thoughts!
This week, I’m going to recommend you follow the following two Twitter accounts. So, get to following:
- NoContextAds – Ads without Context? Oh that could be fun. The creator of this account posts random screen grabs/GIFs from infomercials and “As Seen on TV” product commercial with snarky comments or no comment at all. No context provided. It’s great.
- Nintendo Legend – Eric Bailey’s first comment on his profile is “odd.” He curates an excellent and interesting Twitter account that includes witticisms, jokes, video game observations, and polls which are just…great at making the internet angry. Definitely worth checking into.
For music this week, let’s do J.Y. Park’s “Fire.” He’s the only person who could make Conan’s “string dance” look cool.