It’s that time of the week again – time to talk about…what links/articles I found interesting over the past week. First, please know I encourage you to comment here – but also at the original website too. Click the links, explore, and tell them what you find interesting! That said, let’s go with this strange, curated list…
- My friend G-Nitro is now doing his own week in review, similar to my midweek links. However, this also touches on recommendations from the week including beers, bargains, anime, and music! It’s worth checking out.
- Lauren Orsini at Otaku Journalist wrote an article about her own insecurities and doing things which may scare her. Going out on a limb and doing things which scare you can be a very good thing. It’s a very encouraging article!
- I realize I never got around to plugging Our Valued Customers enough when it was running – but you should read it. It’s a one panel comic of things actual random customers from comic book shops have said. Some are hilarious. Some are cringeworthy. All are worth checking out!
- A recent comment from a friend on Twitter reminded me of an old interview with Trent Renzor where he talks about Johnny Cash’s cover of his song Hurt. It’s absolutely worth reading.
- Dee (joseinextdoor) wrote an excellent article at Crunchyroll about Sakura Quest and life on the other side of failure. The series does chronicle quite a bit in these character’s lives about how they respond and deal with the changing state in their lives. In the case of Maki, we see failure hit her straight on. It’s raw and realistic in it’s portrayal and something I’m glad to see others talk about.
- Charles (TWWK) at Beneath the Tangles wrote an excellent piece on whether or not Christians can watch anime! Obviously as he manages a website dedicated to Christian fans of anime, he believes they can, but his points are worth examining and discussing.
- Otaku USA has an article about some polling done with Japanese anime fans discussing their otaku parents. There are some interesting observations and it’s definitely worth reading!
- Have Pokemon opinions? You can put together a sweet, fancy table with your favorite Pokemon of every single type here. Here’s mine. Feel free to disagree…
New thing I’m adding for this week – Twitter recommendations! I’m going to plug a couple accounts that I’ve enjoyed recently:
- The Messed Nest – A new account chronicling some of the funny aspects of parenthood! Funny stuff so far, so worth checking out if you are into parent/kid humor coming from real life!
- Bootleg Stuff – Bootleg Stuff is a straightforward account – it posts pictures of clearly bootlegged products. It’s a treasure trove of funny images of clear fakes. Check it out!
My music of the week? Let’s go with this fantastic Hamilton Acappella medley curated by Peter Hollens. Very well done!