It’s the middle of the week, so it’s time for me to compile my links of articles, websites, and other things that I’ve found interesting this past week. Enjoy and feel free to comment below on any of the articles or on items you think I should include next week.
- Leah Libresco writing at the Washington Post wrote an interesting article tackling gun usage and murder statistics in the United States. Her findings surprised her as she was a gun control supporter. The results indicated that the best means of dealing with gun violence is not gun control, but with personal measures more tailored to individual communities to address mental health issues (suicide) and gang violence. It’s worth a read.
- Deadline is reporting that a Hocus Pocus remake is in the works as Disney Channel Original Movie. I don’t know how I feel about it, much like I never know what to think of remakes. But, we’ll wait to judge until we learn more (or see it…that’s better).
- The Christian Post is reporting that the Pastor of one of the largest Presbyterian Churches (PCUSA) in the US has said that Christianity is not the only way to heaven. As in point blank said it when asked. This is…just not remotely Biblical. I have write about how universalism is not Biblical before (example), but yea – that is not correct doctrine.
- Kirk Hamilton at Kotaku wrote an interesting piece on Stardew Valley and how it rather accurately portrays romantic rejection. It’s an interesting note in a game that is spiritually similar to the Harvest Moon series. It’s an interesting read.
- The Beneath the Tangles gang have been watching the new season’s anime and reporting on their first impressions. You can check out the pieces here.
- New. Last. Jedi. Trailer. This. Is. Not. A. Drill.
- Your reminder that the Marshadow event for Pokemon Sun/Moon is ongoing…right now at GameStop. I got mine. Have you?
Music? How about Tronicbox‘s remix of Katy Perry’s “Firework.” 80s style.