It’s the middle of the week, so time for me to share a random assortment of articles and links I have found across the internet. Check it out below the fold.
- Lauren Orsini of Otaku Journalist wrote an excellent piece on the double-edged sword of making people angry. It explains a bit behind why we get so fired up sharing articles which…make us fired up/angry! It’s a well written read so check it out.
- Me and the other Beneath the Tangles crew put together a piece talking about our favorites from the Summer 2017 anime season. Feel free to join in the discussion there (or here).
- Speaking of Beneath the Tangles, Charles has written a new piece about why we re-watch anime. It serves as a good reminder about the reasons why we re-watch the familiar and why it’s still good to do.
- And speaking of nostalgia – detrop from Yatta-Tachi wrote a helpful piece talking about how to approach older anime (or media in general), reminding yourself especially that all of this material was prepared in a different time. Norms were different, jokes were different, pop culture references were different. Be prepared for the differences and focus on the overall fun, narrative. Worth a read.
- Nick Creamer at Crunchyroll wrote an article about how well the anime series Tsuredure Children handled relationship conflict showing it in a much more realistic sense as opposed to playing all of them up for laughs. It’s an interesting point on the series.
- Interested in the rebooted Jolt Cola? Well Jolt has a helpful website designed to show you which local Dollar General locations have gotten some of the hard to find merchandise. I know I’m still hoping my local ones get some more in stock…
- Funko is rolling out some Disney Afternoon (90s) Mystery Minis! I want all of the Darkwing Duck MINIS!! They’re adorable from shows based on childhood cartoons.
- A few months ago I got a bunch of attention for showing the most basic response to my kids gaming. Here are more of my thoughts on that issue.
Please feel free to comment below on any of the articles shared and please consider sharing them too!
As usual, I end with some music I’ve been listening to. Let’s go with Kesha’s “Godzilla”