It’s that time of the week again, the time of the week when I collect random news, links, and blog posts I found interesting for you to check out. I try to make it interesting…so hopefully you find them interesting! First, though, please keep those who were impacted by Hurricanes Irma and Harvey in your prayers and if you can help, here’s a list for Harvey from Business Insider and for Irma of the best national/local charities to donate to who are helping for relief.
All right, on to the links!
- Jared Mithrandir wrote an interesting piece on nostalgia. While it can blind us to thinking we enjoy things even though we may not any longer, it does not invalidate our previous views and enjoyment. Just because you do not enjoy something as an adult, does not mean that what you did enjoy as a kid no longer has value.
- James Braswell at the Capital Gazette reminds Marylanders of a big problem we are ignoring while focusing on smaller issues like old statues – sex trafficking.
- G-Nitro continues to be the best at compiling all the new K-Pop that you may have missed. He is doing this weekly, so check his site, his Twitter feed, and his YouTube channel for some music video playlists!
- TWWK at Beneath the Tangles wrote an excellent piece about how, much like Umaru in the anime series Himouto Umaru-chan, there are two sides to all of us – and we need to marry them while not overemphasizing the facade or the at times glutinous halves of ourselves.
- Speaking of Beneath the Tangles – check out my piece from last week on the anime series Please Tell Me! Galko-chan and how we need to stop judging people based on outer appearances.
- Miss out on the NES Classic? A lot of us did. Well, Kotaku is reporting that Nintendo is bringing it back next year with a whole bunch of new shipments. Hopefully more of the many, many people looking for them will be able to get them. Me? I’m hoping it’s easier to find the NES Classic Controller that plugs into the console/Wii-mote.
- Tony Wilson at Dorkly has a very detailed piece on why we all find clowns so disturbing. It’s very detailed and provides interesting insight into the history of clowns/clowning.
- Mean Girls is coming to Broadway. How did I not know this?!?!? Keeping me out of the loop? Not fetch.
- More pictures are coming out regarding the Fullmetal Alchemist and Sanrio joint merchandise and what I’m seeing is so adorable. It’s just sickeningly sweet and cutesy.
Any comments on the articles? Anything I missed? Free free to share or discuss below.
Since we’re talking K-Pop, I’m going to post up “Bang Diggy Bang Bang” by MFBTY (Yoonmirae, Tiger JK, and Bizzy). It’s stupid catchy. Enjoy.