Welcome back to another edition of midweek links after a week where I was unable to write one! Let’s jump into the news/articles.
- Variety is reporting that RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 3 and Untucked will be coming to VH1. I mean, we knew Season 10 was coming to VH1, but now All Stars 3 and Untucked on TV will be interesting. Personally, I enjoyed Untucked being on YouTube free for all to see – but on TV may be interesting too.
- Ed Stetzer wrote about Monday’s total eclipse to remind us as Christians to stop trying to assume it’s a sign about the end of the world. No really. Stop it.
- On the other hand, Mike Leake on his personal website wrote a different article about the total eclipse. He said it may be a sign of the end. Why? Because it revealed something important about us – our selfcenteredness. It’s an important thing to note and remember that we
- Anime streaming site Daisuki will be gone at the end of October. The OASG has an interesting article on the site and it’s history of streaming services which led to where it is now.
- An Obi-wan Kenobi solo film may be in the works. But you know what else may be in the works? A Jabba movie. Some are not having any of it. I, for one, find the idea of a crime film set in the Star Wars universe focusing on the rise of Jabba the Hutt as the leading crime boss in Tatooine to be a topic that could be very interesting. Then again, who knows!
- Discotek Media is bringing Bananya to DVD and BluRay. With a dub. My kids already loved the show, even with me basically dubbing it by reading the subtitles. Now? I think they’ll enjoy it more. My hype is so real.
- Disney has officially rebooted DuckTales and the reviews are mostly positive. Not sure yourself? Well, Disney posted the entire first episode of the new series on YouTube. You can watch it here. It’s well done and my kids love it – so I’d recommend checking it out!
- Virginia is planning to rename their Jefferson Davis Memorial Highway. All right, renaming a highway named for the only Confederate President – totally reasonable. They’re looking to the internet for help to come up with a new name for it – bad idea. Say hello to the new Roady McRoadface Highway. Add your suggestion here.
Any news I missed? Obviously. Feel free to comment on the articles included or share with me in the comments below.
Music for the week? The most important song you will hear – “The Night Begins to Shine” as covered by Fall Out Boy from Teen Titans Go