Ready for my regular midweek roundup of interesting links? Here’s the content over the past week that I’ve found interesting. Let me know if you do too or if there’s other content you’re interested in.
- Did you know that I occasionally write over at Yatta-Tachi. Here’s my most recent piece on introducing your kids to Pokemon gaming. Most important item of note: Play with your kids. For real.
- Speaking of Yatta-Tachi, Eliz Aviles has an excellent piece on celebrating diversity in anime. It’s an interesting point we don’t always think about, but she calls to a few specific creative works and their diverse casts.
- Are you playing Pokemon’s Magikarp Jump for your favorite mobile device? If not, you should. It’s a surprising amount of fun. It reminds me of Survive! Mola mola! (my review) except with much more depth of gameplay and (I feel), better replay value.
- Lauren Orsini at Otaku Journalist wrote a helpful and insightful piece about how much you should be sharing on social media. Remember if you’re accounts aren’t all locked up, a lot of people will be able to see whatever you share. Also, everything you post can and may be used against you by online trolls.
- Reina Scully from Crunchyroll is absolutely right – if you like anime, you should watch Tonari no Seki-kun. No really, right now. Here’s a video they did recommending it.
- According to IndieWire, an Animaniacs reboot is in the works. Steven Spielberg is apparently on-board to make this thing a reality. I’m cool with it, if that happens! As a reminder, I wrote about watching it with my kids and their reactions to it here.
- Like Final Fantasy? Like arguing? Josh W at Beneath the Tangles has prepared his definitive list of the best Final Fantasy games. Join the discussion and disagree with him here.
As I always end musically, here’s Todrick Hall with Superfruit and Kirstin Maldonado doing Black & White. Solid song.