It’s that time again – time for a midweek link roundup. Check out below for some interesting news and other items I’ve enjoyed this past week.
- Nintendo Life write an interesting piece weighing the logic behind Nintendo’s newly announced New 2DS XL. As a fan of the original 2DS, rolling out a new, better option for those of us who aren’t into 3D (or for young children where the 3D isn’t good for their eyes) is great.
- Caitlin at I Have a Heroine Problem wrote a detailed piece on how to read manga legally. Seriously, if you are a fan of manga – you owe it to the medium that you love to do so legally. Support the artists. Also, your local library may have some great options (I know my library network’s pretty solid).
- After hearing a lot about Sakura Quest on Twitter, I decided to try it out. It’s a solid series so far, but Atelier Emily asks a great question about sincerity in the series. It’s an interesting piece set against the backdrop of this series.
- The prototype “Nintendo Playstation” is now playable thanks to Ben Heck. No really, check out more at Kotaku.
- Did you vote in my incredibly controversial bread heels poll? If not, you should do so now!
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson may run for President in 2020. Wait, really? But…why? I did not realize there was an opening for celebrities just randomly deciding to run for President for no apparent reason with no apparent background that directly applies. *Remembers 2016* Oh yea…
- TWWK at Beneath the Tangles uses the 2017 live action Ghost in the Shell movie as a springboard for how to talk to people better who disagree with your opinions. It’s hard to disagree without being disagreeable, but it’s doable. So, do it.
News I missed? Obviously, I’m just rounding up news or links I’ve found interesting recently. Disagree? Need to share something with me pronto? Toss it in the comments and maybe I can highlight it next week! I’ll end with a great track by Zach Sherwin entitled, “Goose MCs.”